Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ward Pool Party

Tonight was our ward picnic/pool party.  Ben was able to get work off so we could as a family.  I was so excited!  The second we showed up at the picnic, the kids scrambled and were off to the playground, never to be seen again until the outdoor pool opened.  Ben and I both got two plates of food each, hoping the kids would come pick at something between playing and playing, but Madelynn was our only taker so Ben and I both got two plates of food and had fun conversation with ward members.  Then we got to go play in the pool.  Actually, by "we" I mean everyone else.  Madelynn would get in for a few minutes and then want to get out of the pool and cuddle in a towel.  This happened all night so I didn't get in the pool because I didn't want to be wet and cold while I was trying to warm her up in a towel.  But don't worry, I had mosquitoes a plenty to keep me company on the deck while waiting for Madelynn to come find me again and again.
Daniel

Madelynn and Ben swimming to the wall

Madelynn floating on her back
Don't ask me where the pictures of the other boys are, there are none.  Once they opened up the pool gates, they were gone and I don't think I saw them more than once until it was time to go.  Oh well, just as long as they had fun, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment