Saturday, December 10, 2011

Welcome Christopher!!

This morning at 11:31 we welcomed Christopher Marlon Kent to our Family!!  He was 8 pounds, 6 ounces, and 20 inches long.  We were not expecting a little boy, be we are so glad to have him!  I'm still processing the fact that he's a boy.  It's not a bad thing, just a surprise.  The doctor knew we didn't know what he was, so when he came out, he covered him up with a towel so we could have a grand revealing.  When he pulled that towel off, I almost fell off the table in shock!  I just keep telling myself, "it's a boy.  It's a boy.  Really a boy?  Wow, a boy!  Holy cow, a boy!" over and over again.  I'll get used to it in a little bit, I'm sure, but I've never been this shocked since... well... never!  He's so cute though, I just love him!!  I was worried the kids would be in for a shock as well since they all wanted a sister, but they have accepted him as one of their own already and can't get enough of holding him.  I love to see them hold and love their new brother!
Skin on skin time with mommy.  It's my favorite!!

Sleepy boy


Sweet little boy with his eyes open
Snuggling with mommy.
I also want to mention, just for memory's sake, that this morning was a lunar eclipse.  Kind of a cool thing that happened the morning of our little boy's birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment